"On a night outside of Princess Peach's Castle, Mario and his friends came to watch the Mini Stars in sky. As Mario peers though the telescope, he notices that the stars suddenly begin to get sucked through a vortex. It is soon revealed to be Bowser and Bowser Jr. on a spacecraft, who are using a vacuum-like machine to suck the stars in the sky. Upon witnessing this, Mario and the gang set out to defeat them and save the Mini Stars. After they start their journey, Shy Guy and Kamek are seen coming out of woods and following them (as part of Bowser's plan)." OPINION: This is a good story. I would like to know what exactly Bowser's plan though.
"Gameplay""A new form of gameplay will be introduced in this game: players will move all at once through the board in a vehicle (a car in Toad Road, a magic carpet in Boo's Horror Castle and a legged machine in Bob-omb Factory, for example). Instead of trying to collect coins to buy stars, players receive Mini Stars if they pass by them. It is unconfirmed whether this will be a new mode or not, however, it is shown that the traditional, individual movement of characters will not be in the game. New minigames will be introduced in the Mario Party series, as well as 2 vs. 1 minigames against Bowser Jr, with one of them closely resembling one of the boss battles in New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Players must try to avoid Mini Ztars, which deduct their current amount of Mini Stars. In this game, the minigames don't appear after every four turns, but only when a player ends up on any of the spaces that triggers a mini-game." OPINION: Too bad there isn't a Monty Mole boss cuz Monty Moles are one of my favorite characters
"Confirmed Characters""Similarly to the preceding games, Mario Party 9 will introduce newcomers to the series. There will be 12 characters in Mario Party 9."
BossesThere are a total of 14 boss battles in Mario Party 9.
- Bowser Jr.
- King Boo
- Big Bob-omb
- Chain Chomp
- Giant Cheep-Cheep
- Dry Bones
- Giant Spike"
- "Donkey Kong
- Dry Bones
- Bullet Bills
- Yellow Toad
- Green Toad
- Blue Toad
- Piranha Plants
- Huckit Crabs
- Monty Moles
- Hammer Bros.
- Buzzy Beetles
- Mr. Blizzards
Confirmed BoardsMario Party 9 is confirmed to have a total of seven playable boards.
- Toad Road
- Boo's Horror Castle
- Bob-omb Factory
- Blooper Beach
- Magma Mine
- DK's Jungle Ruins (Purchased with 500 Party Points)
- Bowser Station (Unlocked through Story Mode)
Confirmed minigamesMario Party 9 will have over eighty Minigames in six confirmed categories; 4-Player Minigames, 2 vs 2 minigames, 1-vs-3 Minigames, Bowser Jr. Minigames, Boss Minigames and Extra Minigames. Minigames will be played when players land on Vs. Space or a 1-vs-3 Space.
Free-for-All MinigamesThere are a total of 44 Free-for-All minigames in Mario Party 9. These minigames can be played with two, three or four players.
- "Shell Soccer
- Launch Break
- Speeding Bullets
- Mecha Choice
- Growing Up
- Polar Extreme
- Pizza Me, Mario
- Goombas Go-Go
- Rain of Thorns
- In Just Part
- Flinger Painting
- Don't Look
- Tuber Tug
- Plunder Ground
- Pianta Pool
- Manor of Escape
- Twist Ending
- Logger Heads
- 10 to Win
- Goomba Village
- Snow Go
- A minigame involving the competitors dodging six Thwomps.
- A minigame where the players climb a cliff, pressing , , and .
- A minigame where the rivals Ground Pound panels, looking for Mushrooms.
- A minigame where the players try to discover a spinning pot design.
- A minigame involving the competitors dodging incoming Spiked Balls.
- A minigame where the players attack each other, in order to push the adversaries out of a platform.
- A minigame involving the adversaries jumping on White-Green Checkered Block.
- A minigame where the competitors play jump rope pressing a set of buttons in eight turns.
- A minigame involving the players riding Dolphins.
- A minigame involving the players on a raft float on a poison river, while infinite Bob-ombs fall from the sky.
- A minigame where the competitors control disks to roll a ball to touch highlighted spaces.
- A minigame where the players attack each other in the sky.
- A minigame where the competitors look for a Toad hidden inside a Toad House.
- A minigame involving the competitors pushing giant balls down a slope.
- A minigame involving players running inside a room filled with conveyor belts.
- A minigame where the players must choose fishing rods to fish, avoiding Urchins.
- A minigame involving players jumping into manholes to not lose."
1-Vs-3 MinigamesThere are a total of 10 1-Vs-3 minigames in Mario Party 9. They can also be played with 3 players instead of 4, turning them into 1-vs-2 minigames.
- "A minigame involving the solo player hit the team with a spiked vehicle, in a maze with Dry Bones.
- A minigame where the team player try to avoid the attacks of the solo, that are electricity, fire and wind.
- A minigame where the three players ride Cooligan-shaped carts inside an ice rink, while the solo player attempts to flee.
- A minigame where the solo player must take an American football to the goal. The team tries to hit him or her three times.
- A minigame where the solo player takes blocks from a side to the other, avoiding the boulder that the trio push toward him or her.
- A minigame where the solo player draws circles in the sand to trap the trio.
- A minigame where the solo player hits the blocks platform where the team is on to make Spiked Balls roll into them."
Bowser Jr. MinigamesThere are a total of 10 Bowser Jr. minigames in Mario Party 9.
- A minigame where the duo chase Bowser Jr. in legged vehicles.
- A minigame involving two players pushing Bowser Jr. inside a electricity circle.
- A minigame where the players race through a level with Bowser Jr.
- A minigame where the players shoot fireballs at Bowser Jr.
- A minigame involving two characters using a Pinwheel-like platform to cross a pit.
- A minigame where the players Ground Pound panels to make the sand blocks where Bowser Jr. is on disappear.
Boss MinigamesThere are a total of 14 boss battle minigames in Mario Party 9.
- A minigame where the players shoot cannonballs at a giant Blooper that jumps out of the water.
- A minigame involving the player selecting numbers to turn a platform where Whomp attacks.
- A minigame involving the players, Big Bob-omb, and Bob-ombs of different sizes.
- A minigame where the players shoot Bullet Bills at Lakitu, while avoiding Spinies.
- A minigame where the players must pound a Wiggler's body segments.
- A minigame where the players face King Boo.
- A minigame involving a fight with Chain Chomp, where the team choose paths to reach Cannons and blast cannonballs at the enemy.
- A minigame involving a fight with Bowser.
- A minigame where the players shoot Green Shells at a giant Cheep-Cheep.
- A minigame where the players select cards to hurt a giant Dry Bones.
2 vs 2 Minigames
- Goomba Bowling: a minigame where the players compete in a bowling-like game, using a shell to kick a row of Goombas.
- Castle Clearout: this minigame involves puzzles.
- Hexapuzzle: this minigame involves combining various small colored hexagons.
Spaces in game
- Bowser Jr. space - the Captain and an ally play a minigame with Bowser Jr.
- 1 vs Rival - Triggers a 1-on-2 or a 1-on-3 minigame.
- Competition space - all players duke it out in a minigame.
- Dice space - three things happen here.
- Happening space - Triggers a minigame.
- Lucky space - Captain takes alternate route.
- Random space - anything can happen.
- Reverse space - go back number of spaces rolled.
- DK space - summons Donkey Kong.
- Dash space - Roll twice.
- Mini Ztars space - lose a set amount of Mini Stars.
- Mini Stars space - gain Mini Stars.
- Shuffle space - order of Captains changes.
- Boss space - Triggers a Boss minigame.
- Captain Event space - Triggers a Captain Event.
- Green space - no function.
- Unlucky Space - Lose Mini Stars
- Triggers a free-for-all minigame.
- Magma space - raises lava either by 2 ft or 3 ft. EXCLUSIVE FOR MAGMA MINI BOARD.
ITEMS IN GAME
- "Dice Block
- 0-1 Dice Block
- 1-2-3 Dice Block
- 1-10 Dice Block
- Unnamed yellow Dice Block with a 6 inside, which acts like a Dice Block under the effect of a Sluggish Shroom
- Unnamed purple Dice Block which contains a 4, 5, and 6
- Unnamed golden Dice Block with a 10 inside
- Mini Stars
- Mini Ztars
- Treasure Chest
- Koopa Shells"
NOTE: Everything in " is from Super Mario wiki.