Star Wars: The Old Republic is a game that takes place three thousand years before the events of the movies. Man, three thousand years, that's a long time. Anyway, Yoda's ancestor, Oteg, is not only in this game but is the game's guide in the Republic's point of view, but is the villain in the Empire's point of view. Also, there is the Sith dude called Darth Malgus, who wears a Breathe Mask (a Breathe Mask is a mask that allows the wearer to breathe using mechanical lungs) to keep himself alive.
This game has eight classes (roles in game), four for each side, four Force-using classes and four normal classes. Here's a list.
- Jedi Knight - FACT: Origin of class can be traced to Planet Tython. OUTFITTING: Robes or armor. TRADEMARK(S): Force using, skills with Lightsaber, always calm.
- Jedi Consular - FACT: Origin of class can be traced to Planet Tython. OUTFITTING: Robes. TRADEMARK(S): Force using, skills with Lightsaber, always calm, healing, discovering secrets of the Force.
- Smuggler - FACT: All smugglers own a prototype version of the Milliniam Falcon. OUTFITTING: similar to Han Solo's clothes. TRADEMARK(S): Skills with handheld laser guns, skills with smoke pellets and flash bombs, sucker punch.
- Trooper: - FACT: Weapons vary between Troopers. OUTFITTING: Heavy armor. TRADEMARK(S): Skills with whatever weapon they use, elbow bash.
- Agent - FACT: Agents are the Black Ops of the Empire. OUTFITTING: slim garments. TRADEMARK: longest attack range.
- Bounty Hunter - FACT: Weapons vary between Bounty Hunters. OUTFITTING: Heavy armor. TRADEMARK(S): Skills with whatever weapon they use.
- Sith Warrior - FACT: origin of class can be traced to Planet Korriban. OUTFITTING: red and black armor. TRADEMARK: Force using, skills with Lightsaber.
- Sith Inquisitor - FACT: origin of class can be traced to Planet Korriban. OUTFITTING: purple and grey robes. TRADEMARK: Force using, skills with Lightsaber.
This game also has Companions (a Companion is a sidekick that helps you with fighting, criticizes your gameplay, and can go to missions on your behalf). Here's a list of things a Companion can do.
- Can fight enemies.
- Are skilled in archeology.
- Are skilled in biology.
- Can forge weapons and clothing.
- Can continue working even when your not playing the game.
- Can substitute you when your needed two places at the same time.
- Can deliver items to you (sometimes light or dark side points).
- Can collect spare parts from old or broken machinery. NOTE: you can do this your self.
- One of the Companions, Bowdarr, greatly resembles Han Solo's sidekick Chewbacca, the only difference is that Bowdarr wears goggles and his entire left arm is completely covered in armor (hand included).
- One of the first bosses of the game, Iron Fist, greatly resembles a character from Marvel Comics.
- At the end of the game, you and your allies must defeat this guy called the Infernal One no matter which side your on (the Infernal One must be defeated or both the Republic and the Empire will be destroyed, you included).
- One flashpoint (a flashpoint is a level in the game) in the game features an Sith artifact that turned an Imperial salvage crew member into a zombie which killed this other member and he turned into a zombie, so I'm assuming that the zombies will infect more people and you have to either protect the survivors from the zombies or destroy the artifact to return everyone who was infected to normal.
- If I get a copy I hope I get to blow something up when I play.
- One of the Companions is named Scorpio, which is the name of a LEGO Hero Factory Villain that looks like a scorpion.