Spencer's Day

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Ratchet and Clank MOVIE!? HECK YEAH!!!

Hey guys! HEY GUYS! HEY GUYS!

They are coming out with a Ratchet and Clank MOVIE. Yes. A RATCHET AND CLANK MOVIE.

Image result for ratchet and clank movie

For the uninitiated, Ratchet and Clank is a series of amazing games I played all the time back in the day (I still have the original Ratchet and Clank lol). Basically, Ratchet and Clank, the characters, are a Lombax and a robot, respectively. What's a Lombax? Lombaxes are a race of alien life form resembling felines.

Now I am a HUGE Ratchet and Clank fan, so when I heard the news I was like this.

Image result for surprised patrick
This was me twelve seconds after hearing
the news

Image result for surprised papyrus
This is me when I realized that a Ratchet
and Clank movie is the movie I never
knew I wanted lol.

Anyways, My point being is that Ratchet and Clank being in a movie is the most amazing thing ever to exist. That is, unless Toby Fox teams up with a movie producer/publisher and they come out with a Undertale movie. Which would be kind of cool, but that would cause controversy over head-canon voices for the characters since a grand total of two lines (yes. TWO) are fully voiced.

Flowey: "It's a WONDERFUL idea!" -Only says this if you started a Genocide run.

Mettaton: "OH YEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!" Says this when he shows off his new body.

What the other characters could sound like is entirely up to personal interpretation. And besides, Undertale works better as a game than a movie since, as Flowey (and SPOILER ALERT! Chara) have proven...

NOT EVEN THE FOURTH WALL CAN SAVE YOU.

Image result for ratchet and clank movie

Actually, now that I think about it, Ratchet and Clank broke the Fourth Wall like it's no big deal. From plumbers that barely recognize the duo in high definition, to pirates suspecting the player has enabled cheat codes, the series does do Fourth Wall Breaks, but mostly for comedy. Undertale takes the fourth wall, drop kicks it off the moon and into a volcano in the middle of erupting, and then drops a tactical nuke on the fourth wall, which is inside the magma of the volcano, blowing everything up. Including your neighbor's house.

Ratchet and Clank, meanwhile, lightly pokes the Fourth Wall with a stick. Which is a pretty big difference.

You know what I realized? I can't go a single blog post without mentioning Undertale. Okay, from here on out I will TRY to not mention Undertale. Every Time I do, I owe you one imaginary cookie.

Anyways, back on subject

Image result for ratchet and clank movie

So as is customary for a movie I really want to see, I shall lay down my predictions for this movie. And by predictions I mean my "wish list for things I want to see" for this movie.


  1. The R.Y.N.O. For those of you who do not what the R.Y.N.O. is, it is the most powerful usable weapon in the franchise. It appears in every game since the original, but you have to go through a ludicrous amount of effort to get it. Example: In Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, you literally have to travel all over the galaxy to find the blueprints and, if my memory is serving me well, pay about 100,000 bolts to get it. Is it worth it? It kills the final boss of Tools of Destruction in two hits. Of COURSE it's worth it. Also, "R.Y.N.O." stands for "Rip Ya a New One". I am not kidding. It really does stand for that. Oh Insomniac. How you managed to get stuff like that past the sensor is beyond me. I still want the R.Y,N.O. in the movie though.
  2. Chairman Drek - the ORIGINAL villain. Considering they have confirmed that this film is a retelling of the original it only makes sense to bring him back. Oh wait he's already been confirmed for the film. Never Mind. Forget I said anything.
  3. Captain Qwark selling Ratchet and Clank out. kind of spoilers for the original game, but about halfway through the story Captain Quark actually betrays Ratchet by luring him into a trap. Why? Because Chairman Drek offered him a job as a spokesman. That's literally it. But if they have that moment in the movie... I will be overjoyed that they included such a unexpected plot twist.
  4. The Plumber. Considering he shows up in literally EVERY single Ratchet and Clank game I would be shocked if they left out the Plumber. He's like a weird running gag of the Ratchet and Clank universe
  5. And my final prediction is: I want to see the return of the Disco ball. Yes. The Disco ball. Why? Because why you would NOT throw a grenade that explodes into a disco ball, playing awesome music and forcing EVERY enemy on screen to start dancing? It's BEAUTIFUL!!!
If any of these make it into the movie (ignoring Chairman Drek, he's already in) I will be extremely proud of myself. Also I will get the opportunity to shout "CALLED IT!!!" when I see it because I WILL SEE THIS MOVIE. THE EXACT MOMENT IT COMES OUT IN THEATERS (April 28) I WILL BE THERE.

Okay the last thing I will say before signing off is that I am definitely excited for this movie. The trailer did a good job at hyping people up while simultaneously staying true to the trademark Ratchet & Clank humor. If you haven't seen the trailer, here is the link!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCNX6ei9g3k

Have fun!

Also, are you in the same boat as me and be all #TeamRatchet&Clank or were you one of those people that grew up with Jak & Daxter?

No comments:

Post a Comment