If you played every LEGO video game ever since you could hold a controller (like me), then you would know that every new LEGO game has characteristics of past LEGO games but has new features that will be carried on the next game. LEGO Lord of the Rings is no exception. Just like LEGO City Undercover, there is sky diving (EXAMPLE: When Gandalf the Grey is pulled into a bottomless pit by the Balrog he goes into a kind of free falling style sky dive event where first he must recollect his sword, the Glamdring is what I believe it's called, and go after the also falling Balrog and slash away at the neck and do the whole thing two more times). Another cool feature is that your dude can now swap any weapon for another weapon in your inventory. You can even forge weapons at the blacksmith shop (NOTE: in order to forge weapons, you need Mythrill or whatever the metal's called). If Mordecai and Rigby (both from Regular Show) played this game they are most likely going to say "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!" (NOTE: In Regular Show, when somebody says something that Mordecai and Rigby like they say "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!". Some of their other phrases are "Free Cake! Free Cake!", "Ye-e-e-a-ah!", and "HUMUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!"). Anyway, Gandalf has a really cool ability: He can use magic. But his magic does everything a Jedi's Force powers can do. But Gandalf needs to equip his signature weapon that is exclusive to just him: a scepter with a jewel on one end. Gimli the Dwarf also has a new, humorous ability: other dudes can pick Gimli right up and throw him at enemies and who knows what. And in past games, you had to use either a bomb or a bazooka to destroy silver bricks. Now that you can pick up Gimli, all you have to do is throw him into the silver bricks and Gimli will blow them up with his axe. Only problem is that this is the ONLY way to destroy silver bricks.
Here's a list of characters.
- Frodo Baggins - A Hobbit tasked with destroying the One Ring of Power. He is the only character who can use the Elvin sword Sting (it's his signature weapon) and can crawl through small doors.
- Samwise Gamgee - A Hobbit that is a friend and the gardener of Frodo. He is the only character in the whole game that can destroy a cluster of brown bricks by making the bricks catch on fire, indicating the bricks are flammable wood pieces. He can also crawl through small doors.
- Gandalf the Grey - A Wizard that has the ability to use magic as long as he has his scepter in hand. He can use the Elven sword Glamdring and can use magic exactly the same way Jedi use the Force.
- Legolas the Elf - An Elf who, like all Elven characters, can't die unless he is killed in battle. He is one of the few characters that can use archery and is the only member of the Fellowship of the Ring who (in the game) can use archery.
- Aragorn - A human swordsman who is the rightful king to a kingdom (please don't ask me what the Kingdom's name is I don't know). He is one of the two Fellowship members that can use a classic sword with no magical name or mystical abilities.
- Boromir - Another human that just like Aragorn, can use a classic sword. But unlike Aragorn, Boromir also uses a shield AND a sword, at the same time like Chop Chop, a Skylander that takes the phrase "A good defense is a offense" to a whole new level.
For More Characters please visit Brickipedia, the LEGO wiki.