The game intro is literally so dynamic (and dramatic) that it's impossible to forget. It goes like this.
First you control a golden Spark (Sparks are beings literally made of imagination). As you move across the ground, every step your Spark takes breathes life into a world originally shrouded in darkness. Your Spark however is no ordinary Spark. It can alter those around it and even take on the form of any of the playable characters.
While moving your Spark collects Blue Sparks, making it's golden light shine brighter and making the Spark itself bigger. Eventually your Spark reaches a gazebo with a statue of Mickey Mouse in it. When you approach, BOOM!!!!! Your Spark absorbs enough Blue Sparks to grow arms and legs.
As your Spark nears the Mickey Mouse statue, it transforms into the REAL Mickey Mouse (albeit wearing a cute wizard costume)!!!!! Then Woody from Toy Story appears and alters the terrain to look like the Old West, Your Spark copies Woody's form and turns into a slightly transparent golden from head to toe version of Woody. Woody and the Spark then rail grind down a rail into a mine that leads to a forest (where you meet the real Jack Skellington from Nightmare Before Christmas, Rapunzel from Tangled, Wreck-it Ralph and Vanellope von Sweets from Wreck-It Ralph). If you take a right, the terrain changes once again to match the terrain found at Monsters University.
There, your Spark changes form again to match James P. "Sulley" Sullivan from Monsters Inc. and Monsters University. You see Mike "Mikey" Wozaski and the real Sulley riding bikes. When you follow, Randy Boggs slithers all over the entrance gate and welcomes the Spark.
Then when you pass through the gate the terrain changes a fourth time, this time to look like Metroville from the Incredibles. The Spark changes form a third time, to look like Mr. Incredible. The real Mr. Incredible is then seen fighting a squad of Omnidroids (killer robots invented by Syndrome, also from the Incredibles), prompting the Spark to use it's new form's combat abilities to fight the remaining Omnidroids (a three hit combo is all it takes to destroy basic Omnidroids).
Your Spark changes once again to mimic Buzz Light-year from Toy Story as the ground is replaced with the sky and you, along with four NPC's (also more Golden Sparks) are caught in a free fall, prompting the playable Spark to activate a Glide Pack (designed to LOOK like it was from the Incredibles, despite the fact it's NOT from the Incredibles. A friend of mine likes calling the Glide Pack the "Incredi-Glider"). Once you land, you are faced with a horde of tougher enemies, requiring a team to fight them. Now your Spark gets a LASER Gun!!!!!!!
The terrain changes for the second to last time where Mickey Mouse prompts the Spark (now taking the form of Mickey) to follow him. It is here that the Spark learns how to climb up ledges and Wall Jump. Once uniting with Mickey the terrain changes for the last time, and NOW you get to place any figure you have on the Infinity Base. Instead of looking like a transparent golden silhouette of a character the Spark perfectly mimics whatever figure you place, all the way down to the voice.
Here is an example. If you place Captain Jack Sparrow (from Pirates of the Caribbean) he will say "You shall forever know this as the day you set sail with Captain Jack Sparrow" (reference to the time he said "You shall forever know this as the day you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow" which he said in the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie, Curse of the Black Pearl) . What's interesting is the fact that it sounds JUST like Captain Jack Sparrow. But they forget to including Jack's trademark awkward and bizarre hand movements when he talks.
Now you get to customize your Toy Box!!!! Or you could go to the Play Sets. The Play Sets are actually just as important as the Toy Box, because in order to place certain things IN the Toy Box you need to find it in the Play Sets.
Here is the plot of the three Play Sets I have (I only have the starters).
- Pirates of the Caribbean - Captain Jack Sparrow, Davy Jones, and Hector Barbossa race to collect the pieces of the Kraken's Bane, the only weapon that can protect you and your ship from the Kraken. Davy Jones has an advantage because he as the map leading to all the pieces of "Beastie Bane" as Jack calls it (Jack always calls the Kraken "Beastie".). But Jack and Barbossa have Tia Dalma who happens to know where the pieces are. Only the Captain you are using gets the Bane but even Davy Jones has to use it to defend himself from the Kraken (ironic because Davy Jones actually can control the Kraken from his ship, the Flying Dutchman). Defeating the Flying Dutchmen and the Kraken will reward you with not only optional bonus missions from Tia Dalma but also the Kraken's Hammer, which can be used to make the Kraken attack enemy ships.
- Monsters University - It's Fear-It Week at Monsters University, which means all the students there are waging an all out prank war on the rival collage, Fear Tech. So you have to out prank them with Joke Launchers (innocent looking objects that when approached send you flying through the air), a Toilet Paper Launcher (a gun that shoots rolls of toilet paper), a Paintball gun, Fireworks Grenades (grenades that explode in a fireworks style fashion. The explosion effect is longer in the Toy Box), and some other pranks. The only way to end the prank war is to steal Fear Tech's mascot, a pig named Archie and blackmail them into surrendering. If you get caught during a single prank by Fear Tech security, you will be thrown into the detention center. It is actually easy to escape because all you have to do is either jump out the window, or smash through a grate on the floor. I strongly recommend Randy Boggs for pranking Fear Tech because he can turn invisible as long has he is not holding a tool. But you have to undo the pranks Fear Tech does on your collage. Like remover their banners and posters from various buildings, clean up the T.P.'d property, and remove Fear Tech merchandise from fellow M.U. students.
- The Incredibles - The Incredibles and Syndrome have to defeat four super villains using a combo of super powers and nifty gadgets like Hover Boards (or "Incredi-Boards" as a friend of mine calls them. Basically if it's a vehicle or tool from the Incredibles, he combines the real name of the the vehicle in question with the word "Incredible". Like "Incredi-Mobile"). The super villains are the Hoarder (he traps people in futuristic cages), Snoring Gloria (she can create plants that spew knock-out gas), Baron von Ruthless (he can turn people into monsters) and ANOTHER Syndrome. TWO Syndromes!!!! One is good the other is evil!!!! Other than that they are identical.
Here is a short bio on the seven characters I have (categorized by franchise).
Pirates of the Caribbean
- Captain Jack Sparrow - A pirate. His is known for being slightly unbalanced and using awkward hand movements when he talks. He was betrayed by his old first mate, Hector Barbossa and stranded on a island. But he escaped by (in his own words) "using human hair and sea turtles" to make a raft to escape. He has a pistol with only one bullet and enough gun powder for a single shot and planned to use it on Barbossa. He has a compass that never points North but instead points to whatever the owner of the compass wants most. A lot of people actually do not think that and simply believe that Jacks magical compass doesn't work. His ship is named the Black Pearl and according to him it's "nigh un-catch-able". The only reason why his ship is the Black Pearl is because Jack made a deal with Davy Jones to create the Pearl in the first place. The deal was that if Jack offered a hundred souls 13 (thirteen) years after the creation of the Pearl, he could captain the Pearl. However, he was only captain for two years and spent the other eleven (11) years trying to get it back from Barbossa. Jack planned to double cross Jones by using his heart (Jones put his own heart in a treasure chest when he fell in love and the pain became to great to bear) against him. He planned to hide the heart in a jar filled with dirt (prompting him to swing the jar above his head and shout "I got a jar of dirt!!! I got a jar of dirt!!! I got a jar of dirt!!! And guess what's inside it!!!"). But to his dismay he misplaced the heart and it wound up in the hands of James Norrington. Shortly after William Turner (who has helped Jack here and there and same way visa versa) killed Davy Jones, Jack was kidnapped by Black beard and forced to find the Fountain of youth for him.
- Hector Barbossa - He used to be Jack's first mate. He once cursed himself by trading and selling cursed Aztec gold, thus turning himself, and the crew of the Black Pearl into undead Pirates. When in moon light his true form is revealed to be that of a reanimated skeleton. William Turner removed the curse by spilling some of his blood on the same Aztec gold that cursed him in the first place. Jack shot him with a single shot and BOOM!!! Hector was destroyed. Only to be revived by Tia Dalma. For some reason he loves eating apples. As of the third movie, At World's End, he was a hero-ish character. Okay, maybe more like an anti-hero. But I dare say he is not a hero. He is a sidekick at the most. In fact he comes in the Sidekicks pack. But I got him in a solo pack.
- Davy Jones - A partially undead Pirate that is a human/lobster/squid hybrid creature. he has the head and tentacles of a squid, the torso, arms, face and left leg of a human, and the left claw and right leg of a lobster. He captains the Flying Dutchmen. He gets more crewmates by finding dying sailors at open sea and promises to keep them alive if they work for him. The longer you work for him, the more undead and half human half sea animal-like you become. Like Maccus. He has a Hammer Head Shark Head!!!!! He was killed by William Turner at the end of the third movie, At World's End.
- Sulley - A blue with purple spots monster that resembles big foot slightly. He has a natural talent for scaring. Which is actually why he went to collage in the first place. Because in the Monster World, you have to go to collage before you can scare the bananas out of children. But he never attends classes and when he does so he is late. If you combine a few Omnidroids with Sulley one can figure out that Sulley has the same strength level as Mr. Incredible, being able to pick up and throw Omnidroids around.
- Randy - An eight-legged lizard creature that can change his color scheme to match his surroundings, making him invisible. He uses his first four legs as arms, and walks with the other four. He used to wear a pair of glasses (that are very dorky, but that was probably the intent) but he doesn't anymore, even though it is obvious he still needs them because of his constant squint. Humorously, he makes a LOT of references to those glasses while playing as him. Like he sometimes says "Is that you? It's hard to tell without my glasses". He also says stuff like "I say this place looks great!!!! It's hard to tell without my glasses though.". In Monsters Inc. he was a major villain. But in Monsters University, he was much friendlier. However because he joined the R.O.R. team in the Scare Games the peer pressure made him more aggressive. The playable version is back when he was friendly.
- Mr. Incredible - A retired super hero brought out of retirement. He has only one super power: Super strength. He also has a wife with super stretchy powers, a son with super speed, a daughter with the power to create energy barriers and turn invisible, and another son with the ability to warp reality. The second son is not even in the game but is mentioned when Mr. Incredible says "I hope Jack Jack is not giving the babysitter a hard time". Jack Jack is the name of the second son. He has a sports car. And an Incredi-Car that can shoot lasers.
- Syndrome - Mr. Incredible's ex-biggest fan and his arch nemesis. He does not have super powers unless you count being unnaturally smart as a super power. He invented Omnidroids, Hover Boots, scanning devices, and Zero Point Energy Gauntlets that trap the target in question in zero gravity bubbles that are tethered with a laser. He once built a giant spider like android for him to defeat (to make himself look like a hero). But it went haywire and betrayed him. What is weird about him is that he he is clearly a villain that wants people to praise him as a hero. So he might not consider himself a villain but rather something more like an anti-hero.
The Toy Box has some stuff pre-built like Cinderella's castle, a gazebo, a race track, and some other things. But it has a Hall of Heroes. Whenever your characters level up greatly, your Hall of Heroes transforms and looks cooler. When it starts out it's just a empty vacant lot in the mountains with podiums, but it too can level up. Eventually it will look like a Roman Coliseum with the games logo int eh middle of the floor, surround by moss covered stone and statues of Knights in the upper walls, and magnificent Stone Pillars surrounding the outer walls, each with various plants growing on them and statues shaped like the characters in your possession. These statues will be either bronze, silver, or gold depending on the character's level (1, for Bronze, 5 for Silver, and 10 for Gold).
There are also OTHER characters. Here is a list of characters I DON'T have.
- Lightning McQueen - Like all Cars characters, Lightning is basically a living car, hence the name of the franchise. He is a red race car, and a fast one at that. During a little mishap, he wound up at a run down town (rhyme!!), where he met Mater, one of his closest (and whackiest) friends.
- Mater - a living tow truck. In the mini-movie Mater's Tall Tales, he explains his origins. However whenever Lightning McQueen asks a question about his origins, he reveals that Lightning "was there too". And these tall tales are possibly fake because Lightning does not remember any of the events of Mater's life. But they might be true considering the existence of SUPPRESSED MEMORIES!!!!! These are the events that happened in the life of Mater (or so he says): He was a doctor, fire truck, professional wrestler, bulldozer fighter, detective/private eye, daredevil, drift racer, heavy metal singer, astronaut, and claimed to have befriended a UFO.
- Francesco - Top European racer. Just has fast as Lightning McQueen. These two are rivals in racing. They are BOTH race cars. Francesco has enough juice to run circles around other racers.
- Holley - A purple girl car. She makes the tightest corners look like child's play. She also has retractable machine guns, retractable missiles, and a jumping ramp for STUNTS!!!!!!! Missiles sold separately, Machine gun included. And did I mention she's Purple!?!?!?! Purple is my favorite colors. In most cultures it's the color of royalty. But in Japan it's the Color of Death. It's weird how one culture likes one color while another hates that same color.
THE LONE RANGER
- The Lone Ranger - A cowboy style vigilante. His real name is John Reid. The title is actually referring to the fact that the Lone Ranger is the last living Texas Ranger, not the false fact that he works solo style. In fact he has a Native American sidekick named Tonto. Anyway, he has a horse named Silver (he summons Silver by shouting "Hi Ho, Silver!!!"). And has a pistol that shoots silver bullets. But ONLY silver bullets. He has some seriously awesome sharp-shooting skills. He fires his gun at a pan, the bullet ricochets (bounces) off the pan, hits and ricochets off a floor board, hits and ricochets off a wall and finally it it's the target.
- Tonto - a Comanche Native American who happens to be the sidekick of the Lone Ranger. He has Tomahawks that work in a similar manner to the Lone Ranger's silver bullets but cannot
ricochet off objects. But his Tomahawk throwing skills have the accuracy of a sniper. He also has a horse but it's not the same horse the Lone Ranger uses. In fact, The Lone Rangers horse, Silver, is completely white, save for the eyes, which are black.
PHINEAS & FERB
- Phineas Flynn - A 10-year old kid with the desire to do nearly impossible things within a single summer vacation. He is known for his triangular head (his head is shaped like a sideways triangle). He is incredibly smart and a master engineer. He built entire roller coasters within a single day, built a baseball gun (a gun with a baseball glove at the tip of the barrel. It shoots baseballs instead of bullets) within seconds, saved the universe from a alien super villain (twice), found a live dodo bird, found Frankinstein's brain, gave a monkey a shower, and discovered something that doesn't exist. Basically, he did it all!!!!
- Perry the Platypus - Phineas' pet platypus. At first glance, he looks like a normal everyday platypus. But in reality he is actually a secret agent. With a hat. He often fights and thwarts Dr. Doofensmirtz (a German scientist that surprisingly does NOT want to rule the world. He only wants a Tri-State Area.). Doofensmirtz often adds the word "Anator" at the end of the name of his inventions. What's surprising is Phineas does not know that his own pet is a secret agent. As far as he is concerned, Perry is just a normal platypus that doesn't do much save for making a cute but strange gurgling noise.
NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS
- Jack Skellington - The King of Halloween. He is the one that makes Halloween happen in the first place. His alternate title is "The Pumpkin King". This is odd because Jack has almost nothing to do with Pumpkins. The only thing he has that is a connection with Pumpkins is his scarecrow form seen at the beginning of the movie, which has a pumpkin for a head. His normal form consists of a skeleton wearing a black suit with a bat shaped bow tie. He also has REALLY long legs. He has Pumpkin shaped bombs, and a sonic shriek attack in the game. He has NEITHER of these abilities in the movie. He once tried to take over Christmas because he was getting bored with Halloween and wanted something new, so he decided to rule Christmas. Unfortunately, he made Christmas too scary. But as revealed in Kingdom Hearts, he actually thinks EVERYONE likes being scared.
- Woody - a Toy Cowboy. Like every other Toy Story character, this toy is alive. They just pretend to be toys when people are watching. He has a toy horse too, named Bulls-eye.
- Jessie - A Toy Cowgirl. Basically Woody's female counterpart. She can ride Bulls-eye too.
- Buzz Light-Year - A toy space adventurer. He, very much unlike Woody and Jessie, is from a futuristic toy-line/theme. He has two gadgets. He can fly with his jet pack (which has retractable wings), and has a laser gun (called a Star Command Blaster). Despite his status as a toy, he once thought he was the REAL Buzz Light-Year. Until he saw a commercial for himself.
- Mickey Mouse - Disney's most famous character. He is their MASCOT. He is wearing a cute Wizard costume and can summon COMBAT BROOMSTICKS!!!!!! BROOMSTICKS THAT FIGHT FOR HIM!!!! He also has a car. A Jalopy car!!!!!!!!!!!
There are more, but if I list them, we would be here forever. And this post is already long as is!!!!
For pictures and videos, please go to Nintendo.com