Spencer's Day

Total Pageviews

Monday, April 14, 2014

Review Time!!! Part Three: Transformers

This is my third review and it's for Transformers Fall of Cybertron. This is by far my favorite PlayStation 3 game. So far. And no it's not just because I really like the Robots in Disguise. Even if the game didn't have a single shape-changing robot it would still stand out.



This game has excellent storytelling skills, having a dramatic, flair filled atmosphere while at the same time telling the origin story of the Autobots and Decepticons. Sadly, they forgot to explain two things: First, what happened to the Dinobots at the end of level twelve? and Second: Is Starscream truly stranded on Cybertron when the Autobots and Decepticons evacuated Cybertron? I have a hunch that the first question will be answered when Rise of the Dark Spark is released. I just think that Starscream is simply going to inexplicably show up, probably trying to assassinate Megatron and make himself king again. However, the first time he was king he failed to destroy Megatron. He was smashed to bits by Metroplex. Even then Megatron survived. In fact, one might say he is death-less or immortal as he has been "killed" but always comes back.



Anyway, This game is a shooter, much to my joy. However, each character handles differently. Cliffjumper and Starscream sneak around like ninjas, trying their best to avoid gun-fights and devastate enemies from the shadows. At the same time, Jazz and Swindle have a little bit of platforming and a LOT of puzzle solving.


Grimlock and Bruticus probably are the easiest to use. Grimlock can grab his surroundings and throw them around, and can use his sword to pulverize anyone that gets in his way. Bruticus can punch his way to victory. Literally. Press the punch button to do a combo. Plus, he can do the Sonic Pain Wave, a super, one hit kill move where he hits the ground and sends out shock-waves.


The only problem is that there are only thirteen levels. I would be happier with the game if it had at least twenty.  But one must remember that every console has limits.



The previous game had a local co-op mode, but this game doesn't. All multiplayer is strictly online only. Most people think playing with complete strangers is cool, but me? First, online cause privacy issues. Second, I do not even need to play with others to beat something. I can beat almost any game by myself, with NO BACKUP. I mean that. In fact I am trying to beat Monster Hunter Tri solo because thankfully, Capcom shut down the online, which means I am free to beat the solo story (even though there is not much story to beat. Pick a few Quests, do the Quests, get cool stuff, make armor and weapons, repeat).



All-in-All I give this game a perfect 10.0. The only thing I don't like is sneaking around as Cliffjumper. But that is because I like the "Shoot first, shoot later" strategy. Basically if it moves shoot it!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment